What are All-on-4 dental implants?
All-on-4 implants are a permanent set of fabricated teeth set on dental implants surgically placed into your jaw. They look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- They are a permanent teeth that can be brushed and cleaned like natural teeth.
- Do not have to be taken out.
- Do not need adhesives.
- Are comfortable because they do not press down on your gums.
- Allow you to experience the hot and cold of your food, as well as the taste.
- Allow you to bite with increased force (up to 70% more), so you can eat all of your favorite foods again.
- Prevent bone deterioration.
- Restore your facial features.
Another important aspect of the All-on-4 dental implants. Its that they differ from dentures because they are a permanent solution for missing or severely damaged teeth. They are secured directly into your own jaw, so they look, feel and function just like natural teeth.
They are placece by a technique that only uses four implants per arch, whereas traditional implants utilize anywhere from six to eight implants or more in each arch. The implants of the All-on-4 procedure are also placed at an angle, which allows for increased contact by using the natural support of your bone. In addition, the All-on-4 procedure requires no bone grafting for most patients, which is common in traditional implant procedures.
The ideal candidate for the All-on-4 dental implant procedure at Dental Associates is someone who is missing most or all of their teeth, or is currently wearing dentures. Age is not a limiting factor for All-on-4 dental implants as long the candidate is in good health.
When it comes to the cleaning of your implants, since they should be treated like your natural teeth, daily brushing and flossing is recommended. Dr. Tito Pompa & team of specialists and dental hygienists will review your oral hygiene instructions and recommend the most appropriate daily oral hygiene plan to fit your needs.
Therefore, All-on-4 dental implants save both time and money.